Tuesday, June 2, 2009

So  Tired...but I had planned on an update today.  I've spent the last 3 hours trying to coax our cat down from the tree!  I got him to come down about 40 feet but he's still 20 feet up there>  Bobby brought him from Rainbow last Saturday.......after he escaped from his cage he rode in the back of a trailer with about 50 chickens and some turkeys....he's traumatized to say the least.  The SADdest thing is he Really Wants to come down.  Poor Guy!  

Took Scout to the vet yesterday--his whole face was so swollen his eyes were nearly shut.  and then....I don't know if he was protecting as much because he felt sick but......

the two new baby goats disappeared last night....We searched for an hour today and nothing, so either the coyotes got them or there are two beautiful hawks who live in the tree above them and one baby was like 2-3 pounds so it's possible!  The momma is so engorged it looks terribly painful!  

But I have some pics to post; and thanks to Mandi I'm closer to having a revised and super sophisticated blog!  

We got our owl pics today; they are awesome you'll love em'    ----we do anyway!  




5 comments:

Loretta said...

Wow, sorry to hear about the baby goats. hope you find them safe and sound!

Mandi A. said...

thats so sad about ALL the animals...i didnt think about how hard the move would be for them :o(

Poor little goats...oh and i feel for that mama goat...i didnt nurse brooke and had to dry up, ain doesnt begin to describe the feeling. I think its worse than giving birth!

Stratton Family said...

poor baby goats they were sooooo cute. seems like you guys have had one problem after another hopw things gradually run smoother for you, and can't wait for the next time we see you guys.

Tanya said...

Actually they were our first loss, and if Bobby was here they may still be alive. He's such a good protector. We've had really good luck with the animals, cow cow's 3 babies and star the goat who got sick; her milk came back and we didn't have to bottle feed her babies--THAT would have been hard! It is sad, poor little things; The Fernandos set a live trap tonight, so I'll let you know if we catch anything! It does mean several hundred dollars down the drain!

Tanya said...

Oh by the way...the Fernandos got in this huge lift and got the cat down for me today. He's happy footing all over the place.