Friday, February 10, 2012

Tehya Jade and Today was a Ranchin' Day.


Fuzzy picture --- happens to be the best most recent one -- except the ones I took today and haven't uploaded yet.  ANYWAY ---she just started crying again!

Tehya Jade can sit up all by herself.
She can pull crawl herself anywhere she wants to go.
She can say mama.
She has been crying A LOT the last few days...teeth?  Sore throat?  She's pulling her ears too.
Poor cutie little thing!

OMGOSH  She's crying again.  If I leave her side she cries.  AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Today at the Ranch:
Kaya got to inject cows with their vaccines and she got to "put the plug in" YA she stuck a gInormous IUD up a cow's wahoo in order to "help them get pregnant".  So it will trick the cow into thinking she's pregnant thus releasing the proper hormones and in 9 days from today we will A.I. her. (Artificially Inseminate) Kaya did it 3 times.  And I got it on Video so some day over the rainbow I'll add it on here.

What a cool vet to let the kids help like that!

Dylan operated the roll gate while the cows were pushed through the chute.  He also tagged the babies ears and gave them tattoos in case the ear tag falls off --- the tattoo is actually ink painted on the inside of the ear and then they pierce with lots of little metal toothpick looking things.
Ryder stood on the table 10 feet from the squeeze and stared in awe the whole time -- observed calm cool and collected.  "Oooo Baby" he would say when the little ones came up.  He was right by the vet's ice chest with the vaccines and everytime she would switch one out for another he would adjust the lid to make sure it was closed; it was super cute.
I also video taped the vet castrating a little guy OMGOSH Seriously.  I almost went into detail but I'll spare you...I will say that HAS to hurt!

Ranch style Homeschool Rocks!

Although our vet "field trip" lasted for hours we still accomplished math, Barton reading and spelling ( they are actually half way through level 2 now) and other stuff.

Just one last noteworthy comment on these moments of my life:  I can't keep up.  I don't move too slowly but I can not keep up!  I have a pile of laundry in my hallway and an even bigger pile folded on the table ready to be put away.  My classroom is in dire need of a mop and dust to say the least and my bedroom looks like a bomb went off of; what else but: clothes, a curtain project postponed, kid books and random 'What is that doing there' stuff.  But I can assure myself that it's never as bad as it looks.


My first baby turns 10 in March.  Unbelievable kid!  I have never seen a boy with such a diligent work ethic, a tender heart for others, a love of family, animals and I guess taking care of and protecting all things he loves.  He is organized, "hates reading except my bible" (he tells me today)  and really reallly wants a bowling party again!  I love my Sweet Dylan!


No comments: