Thursday, February 23, 2012

2012 February 13th - What's going on!

I think of all the things I want to blog and remember all day and I sit down at night to let my thoughts  bloom and I draw a blank.   I'm sorry I have no new pics downloaded...but lots on the i phone so son.

Do I exude an overwhelmed state - do I seem stressed out?  I must portray myself in that way - or something - because I'm always getting suggestions and tips to help me um... improve? or get a handle on things.  Today someone told me I should get a nutritionist to plan my meals.  People ask how you are and when I respond I'm tired or this diet really takes tons of preparation time - I'm not miserable about it...it just is what it is....Yes there are moments of being overwhelmed but that comes with 1 kid or 2 or 6 or no kids for that matter.  The moments pass and there are more moments full of undistracted joy and bliss.  I love this life of mine, the people God brings into it and even those moments of frustration.  I love a house full of imagination and messes on the floor, moments full of opportunities to train them of love.  I pray to start portraying my joy instead of my fatigue - if that is what some are seeing.  Maybe that is why people just respond "I'm good" when you ask them how they are.  I didn't see it as complaining but maybe that's what others see it as that. Or maybe they just think 6 kids, this big house, homeschooling, ranch work and all that is humanly impossible to sustain.  Well, It Is.  That's why the Lord carries me through my days an dI can have peace through all the managed chaos!  Love covers a multitude of sins!  So don't read my next comments as complaints...it just is what it is!

I am officially a goat milking mama!  The first day I could not get milk out for the life of me.  How ridiculous I thought, what is wrong with me.  So the next morning I tried again and success!  My little Callisto has been a charming goat to train me; she tolerated my attempts with little objection.  Dylan holds her collar, she stands on a long skinny bench with a bucket of grain in front of her.  I feel so gratified in providing healthy goat milk for my family to drink..no more preservatives, organic and sweet.  The kids LOVE it and it tastes nothing like the goats milk in stores, it's SO good!

 My baby girl cries all the time...it's making my mornings crazy!  Took her to the doctor for this terrible cough days ago and she was o.k.  Maybe she's teething - no teeth yet - MaYbE she has just realized that she can cry and I come to pick her up!  She won't let anyone hold her but me, yet she isn't a big nurser.  She would rather suck on her two fingers and just be held.  Such a sweet little pretty girl!  I take that back she loves it when her daddy holds her too!

One of my greatest joys this last week is to know how God has led us to this new direction in school...with Barton and Handwriting without Tears.  Kaya now says, "I love to write!"  To appreciate this you must understand that writing is the most dreaded thing in all the world to her...always has been.  I didn't even attempt to teach her in Kindergarden because it wasn't physically possible for her without torture....this year still difficult, messy and worst of all she reverses most letters and numbers.  After less than 2 months with HWOT she lOVES to write!  It's some sort of a miracle.  She says...mommy, look at this story I wrote.  And she's doing a lot more pages than are assigned in her handwriting book.  Her writing is really lovely - elegant even!   It is truly a beautiful thing.

Similarly, Dylan has found great success and ease in learning cursive, which was also very~very difficult for him.  He is a very much responsible to accomplishing all he knows is on the school schedule.  A self starter and a focused worker, easily frustrated with failure but thrives with positive feedback!  Love how unique all my kids are, it's fun to watch who they are emerge! xoxoxo

The kids (D&K) are smokin' through the Barton levels!  I can't say enough positive things about this amazing curriculum...another lifesaver!  We were doing separate spelling, english and reading.  This programs puts it all together in such a simply correlated and understandable fashion.  I have tried several and am relieved to find a solution for everyone..dyslexic or not!

Bobby burned all the weeds in my garden today...YA...all the weeds along the fence line yesterday and tomorrow he slaughters ducks...YA...Peking duck dinner tomorrow...I can't wait ~ my favorite!

Moved boxes of photos and albums out of Rod's house today..fabric too..What a mess!  Awww...Looking at all the pictures makes me wish I took more..

Grandma Guacheno has been doing laundry for more than a week and we're all caught up.She's moving in with Rod because she is feeling very unloved and Gary and Noel are expecting baby # 2..YA!!!.....

Dylan, Ryder and Dad saw a bobcat yesterday running through the hay field!  Very impressive!

Ordered Dylan a new math book today..he's a week away from graduating his old one!  Twins are learning place value and they are on hundreds now!  Ryder rocks out with his guitar while Dylan plays his--cracks me up!

Dylan starts Rifle class for 4H on sunday..Ella has a rabbits club on saturday (same time as a baby shower I'm suppose to go to)  Think Bobby will take her!  Kaya has scrapbook next Tuesday night.

Ryder broke another glass in the kitchen today!  Seriously!  That makes 4 broken glasses from that little adorable terror this last week!  Can you say gate?  Can't, He can climb over anything.  So sweet and really sorry about it too.

Haven't spoken about Bowen yet...he was screwing two pieces of wood together to make a bench for Ella's toys and he screwed his hand between them.  I had to pull so hard to get his little pinched skin out of it.  Bobby said Why didn't you just unscrew it?  Uh...ya....I don't know!  Poor kid.  He is always building something with wood....that "builders room" is the best thing that ever happened to that kid!

Dyslexia is fascinating...Ella can look at the letters on the barton tiles...tell you all the sounds but when she tries to recall the name of the letter she can't remember it....She Knows it but her little mind can not recall the name.  It's bizarre,,,I'll say Ella point to the "F" (or any letter) and she can.  She can give me the sound but if I point to a letter and say what's the name?  She can't do it!  It's so frustrating for her!

2 comments:

Stratton Family said...

No one thinks you are incapable of handling life/ stressed out. Everyone just likes to be able to help one another and advice is their way of helping. You shouldn't take offense to it. Think of how many times you've suggested something to someone...maybe they take offense to your suggestions!? All you are trying to do is help by maybe making a suggestion that they find appealing.

Tanya said...

Not offended....not thinking people think I"m incapable....just hoping I'm not seeming to be complaining..that's all! I actually like to hear people's ways of doing things. There's always clever helpful information.