Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tonight I took extra time to wash my face with these really nice products my mom got me (de chelle)  honeydew face wash, a mask, then fruit enzyme mist and finally pumpkin renew cream.  I curl up next to Ryder and he says, " Ooo Mell" (You smell)  lol me: Do I smell good or bad?  "Off mommy"
He's telling me to take the smell off.  I must smell like a big bowl of fruit to him. ha  It was super cute in his little 2 year old voice.  He kissed me anyway  ;-)

I'm walking down the hallway after saying good night to the girls; Kaya hollers after me "And don't disappear again like you did today."  Ha  I left at 7:40am to go practice Barton reading and spelling program at my friend Jessica's house.  Came home around 11:30am

I just love how God places people in your life who are going through the same thing and you can be such a support to each other...a blessing!  She discovered her 8 year old is dyslexic with dysgraphia and more recently ADD.  The trials in our lives are slightly aligned as we start to conquer these mountains ahead of us.  Starting new curriculum is always a transition that takes practice and time.  But nothing good is ever easy!  And I am assured that I have the absolute top of the line BEST curriculum I can get.  Not to mention the opportunity of 1 on 1 training ~ we're on the right track.

I still haven't had time to post about dyslexia but it is a blessing in disguise...But truly a challenge to thrive at reading.  We're on our way.  About to finish level 1 of Barton.  Dylan struggles says "it's so hard", gets real frustrated but he's doing incredible.  Really Really Good!  I'm also doing the program with Kaya and Bowen.  Ella's not there yet as she is a mini Dylan but her word retrieval problems are much more pronounced (not to mention speech)!  So we started this new curriculum called 'Phonemic awareness for young children' which are sort of fundamentally listening games - sounds under-rated but Phonemic Awareness is the critical step that kids must have before starting any phonics program.

Back to Kaya's little comment; These kids just love me apparently ~  I have been getting extra doses of affection this week and multiple comments   'Your the best mom in the world'  They have been competing for who gets to sit next to me at the table and even Ryder cries 'Mommy me' whenever I go anywhere - he's saying take me with you!  It is like this big warm embrace that surrounds me wherever I am..loved I am.

We've been home 1 week and 5 days from our last trip down south and we are back in the groove...hence the happy kids.  It is unbelievable how peaceful and loving they are to each other when we are at home.  They get a little (or a lot) nutty whenever we are not at home - so all you out there who only get to see them while we're traveling just be consoled that they are not always so crazy. so competetive. so bossy.  so crabby.  Thank God!

My photos will never load without troubles...wazzzz up?

1 comment:

Stratton Family said...

I don't load photos, I upload them to flickr then use html to put them on the blog its a super easy code to learn if you want to try it that way...I think that is one reason Mandi switched from blogger to wordpress she always had issues with blogger.

for html for pics you upload elsewhere online I'll try to post it here but I'll probably have to send you an email it might not show up on here

(it won't let me put the html here)

Glad you're blogging its fun to actually know what my nieces and nephews are up to since we don't always get to see you. plus you will be VERY happy at the end of the year when you make a book.

It isn't like you have to blog every day you can do it every two weeks if you get an hour or two and just do all your posts in one sitting.