Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas Eve and Morni

My New Year's Resolution is to :  Write It Down!
so, I'm starting early.

Each day I am moved by something small, something funny, something I don't ever want to forget.  How many of those I've already forgotten.  I am the busiest ever but I know I Must take the time to write it down.  These are the most precious moments of my life!

Christmas Eve :  " If I had a tail it would be wagging!"  -Kaya

The kids know the first and the greatest gift of Christmas.  A father's LOVE.  And a SON's sacrifice.  We open one gift on the night before Christmas and after many requests throughout the year Bowen finally got a bible "all his own".  A super hero bible.  Ella also received her first "all her own" bible even though she was slightly disappointed it wasn't a princess bible (it was Berenstein Bears) she was revived when she saw her name embossed on the front.  That was real special to her.

Dylan and Kaya got their first personal devotion book.  One Year for Girls and Boys.  They loved their gifts.

So, it's been clear over the years that 'gifts' is not my husband's love language but there have been a couple occasions where he made up for all the other neglected occasions.  This year was a good one ranking up with when he bought me a camera.  A white gold ring with each child's birthstone in it.  It's truly exquisite and surprisingly a perfect fit.  Feeling the love this Christmas.

No comments: