Judy asked me, "Are you still doing your blog?" I wish is the answer. I have the most beautiful kids in the world and I want to remember all the fun stuff that fills our days but I'm SO so so busy, I can't seem to find the time to blog. And when I sit down to do it...I can't think of what to write (although all day I think..Oh I have to write that one down....over and over)
As I sit here at my mom's house (10:20 pm) reflect on this past week...on the past year....and there is so much to say ~ it feels like a blink of an eye but at the same time a whole lifetime of ideas and joys and struggles. Where do I start? I just don't know. With now I suppose.
Patty flew all the way for the isles of Kauai to visit with us. That's pretty impressive really....there is strength in family....there is this innate desire to part of this God given gift we call family! This, shall I say...uncontented....lady who sat near me at the Handwriting without Tears workshop I got to attend on Saturday was "fascinated" by me and my life. I stressed Family...they are learning how deeply important family is while being surrounded by a society so determined to alter it's definition and all that makes it sacred. With divorces dominating and so many things pulling people apart it saddens me to think that we are not the norm. But this week was fun....full of family.
Can I just say I totally forgot it was Uncle Gary's birthday today. I didn't even call...didn't even know until ten minutes ago. HoRrIbLe! so Clearly I still need to work on some family lovin'. JEez.
We took Patti to the S.D. 'Safari Park' formerly known as the San Diego Wild Animal Park. (oh brother what's that about) Had lots of fun! Watched the cheetah run ---Oh here's a memorable moment. My mom pays to get up close $5 per person; so she goes with the kids while we stay back and in the midst of the action Ryder is struggling to pull his pants down so he can pee on the grass. The diaper is not cooperating as I Whisper Yell...Mom... mom... MOM..... I point and I'm dying laughing as she picks him up and skidaddles across the lawn with Ryder his pants half way down saying Pee. The people standing around also thought it was pretty darn cute. Too bad I forgot the Camcorder battery charger at home.
So why are we here anyway? To get Ella's hearing tested at Rady's Children's Hospital. Her hearing is fine. The scale goes from 0 to 100. 0- 20 being normal; in one very low velocity sound her hearing is a 30 so slightly a problem but absolutely would not affect her speech. Great News.
Daddy got ALL his cavities fixed. He looks like a stud with nice white teeth...they also took out all the silver fillings which makes him look so much healthier. He feels like a new man I think!
Patti, Bobby and I got a "thermal scan" which checks for a multitude of problems..so we'll get that report back within a week. It detects inflammation...it will show you cancer, pre stroke,
No comments:
Post a Comment