Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Birthday William Ryder! October 30, 2009

Sometimes I think it's as hard for the husband to watch their love in agony as it is to experience the actually birth. Then I flash back to those moments and realize there is no pain more indescribably painful than labor and delivery. But incredible and amazing and actually predictable in a way....as I said "I cant do it anymore, no seriously, I cant do it any more" I though oooh I'm in transition, but I can't be it's too early. Sure enough ten minutes later I was 10 and ready to push!

I have had Braxton hicks contractions starting around 4 months so by the last weeks in October they grew to be so strong and so often I thought I'd never know if it was truly labor or not. But for the first time on October 29th they seemed to be coming consistently and finally they were getting sort of painful ~~ and at 10 pm I though I better start timing these to see if they ARE consistent. So for exactly one hour they were 5 minutes apart and getting painful...I was convinced I was finally in labor! I woke up Bobby and just as Christina and my mom were headed to bed after a movie I told them get ready to go... the hour long drive to the hospital from 11:15 - 12:15 the contractions were 4 minutes apart---I really couldn't believe they were so close and by the time they got me in a bed and check me for dilation....I was just praying I wasn't 1 or 3 cm because the contractions were already Work. So when the midwife said 6 cm. I cried with joy!!! No words can capture the depth of emotions you experience during the birth of your baby. Nothing is as intense - painful - rewarding - inspiring - unbelievable. I could never be poetic enough to do it justice! It is this reflection of Love; as if you could bottle the whole thing as one image it would be one of unconditional sacrificial love.

Then I was 8-9 , then I 'felt the baby moving down' like he was going to come out. The midwife checked and I was 10. I pushed. I screamed. Oh Lord I didn't want to push that baby out, the pain was too much, I just wanted him to magically appear at that point but the nurse reminded me to use my energy to hold my breath and push hard. The next contraction I did and bear down is a great way to describe it. :-U I can't describe how cool it is to be able to feel your child actually entering the world, truly a miracle! A few pushes later and he was born at 2:12 a.m.

William Ryder was born in the amniotic sac ~ I watched as the midwife tore it open like you would a bag of chips. Thin and clear like saran wrap, closely wrapped around him. I have heard of that happening, always though it would be cool, but wow. They say it's a lucky baby who is born in the sac. His shoulders hurt as much as his head, he's a little short, stout strong man. Brown hair ~ Blue eyes ~ dent in his chin ~ and much cuter than the pictures reveal.

Thank God Aunt Mary was there because my camera was left in the car and the only pictures we have are her "emergency" disposable camera pictures! Who keeps a camera just in case they get in an accident? Well it's a good thing there are some prepared cautious people in this world. Once my camera was brought in the flash was conveniently broken so it was no good anyway!

So that's our story. Enjoy the Photos!

Towards the end; I had to have him holding my hand during contractions don't know why that is such a soothing reassurance ~ it's the simple things. Bobby is beyond relieved it went well, I didn't bleed to death, didn't have to have a c-section and it was Fast!

My sweet sister jumped right in and started rubbing my back. Now she can relate after Maddie's birth ~ you have a whole new empathy and ability to help when you've endured it yourself. Thanks Christina, you are one of the most thoughtful and loving person I've ever known!

This is my hillbilly shot... check it out super impose me with some hay, maybe a barn in the background. That hair is just to classic, looks like I'm wearin; my apron!

The second after Ryder was born he lifts his head up and takes a pose for the camera. Unbelievable, he truly is So strong, holds his head without the wobble and looks around from face to face. In the nursery at 2 days old the nurse laid him on his back and she said 3 other nurses saw it he rolled over onto his stomach!!! She said 'your in trouble you are going to have a two month old who can crawl' and laughed! She said she's never seen that!




Kaya woke up on the way to the hospital and was SO EXCITED never fell back asleep again until like 4ish in the morning! She walked in minutes after the birth and had some special time with the baby before any of the other kids. She is by my side constantly wanting to just be with us! It's precious!


8 lbs. 11 oz
18 " long


Awww. Daddy Love!

I sit writing this with dark circles under my eyes and my cup overflowing! I love these amazing children that have been placed under my care. I feel honored to be a mommy and my prayers are constant. Little William Ryder has been an answer to prayer. He is content, sleeps all night except to nurse, doesn't really cry at all (except he's been fussy from his circumcision for a couple days. poor sweet boy!) He's healthy, interested in everything around him, did I mention healthy?! His little footprints show six toes on the left foot and four on the right, so that's kind of funny! But thankfully that is the nurse's fault! Alright Goodnight to all, and hopefully I'll have some more - not in the hospital - pictures soon! Love is in the air!

3 comments:

Mandi A. said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful

*almost* makes me want to do it again ;o) I love the pictures of Kaya with him, so sweet.

Loretta said...

Congratulations! He is gorgeous!

Stratton Family said...

haha at the end when you wrote hopefully I'll have some more, I thought WHAT!? more? then I realized you were talking about pictures not kids! haha

LOVE the pictures! We can't wait to see him again.