Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bigger is better ! ? !

Blog...what blog?
I just can't seem to find the time. During the days I think of so many ponderings I'd like to write down, funny things they do and say, sweet memories I know I'm going to forget BUT I just can't seem to find the time. My little guy is; well he's a baby. If you know what I mean. He can only sit in a chair for so long. Although I have to say the kids, Dylan especially, is so adorable and helpful with him. Yesterday he got out his African animal book and went page by page telling Sir William Ryder about all the animals. This morning he sang him a song, 'Even though I am big and you are small we can still be friends!' Kaya lays by him and just gets him talking and talking~He's so expressive and vocal.
I will have to go back beyond time and space, before Christmas to catch up on my blog, but let me just tell you a funny little thing that Bowen said to me while we were at Mammoth skiing this past few days.
I was putting them to bed and I said, "Just pull your little weiner out and go pee, then get to bed." He looks at me with his big brown eyes, smiles and says 'You mean my big weiner?'
I just laughed. Classic! There's always lots of talk about how big and strong you are when your a kid! It's talked about with the baby too cause he's seems so huge for a 2 month old but how funny that he would relate it to his 'manhood'. I guess even at 3 it seems guys have an idea that bigger is better. Check out the commercials on t.v. and that idea is ingrained into our minds over and over; burgers, fries, houses, friends, playlists.... boobs. Jeez what happened to the good old days?!
So my gorgeous kids have found their favorite sport. We've tried soccer, baseball and gymnastics but skiing and snowboarding are by far the first sporty thing that they have truly loved from the depths of their souls. They want to join the boarding team in Mammoth and Dylan almost cried this morning because he said he just wanted to 'go boarding everyday so bad!' I'm glad for them, hopefully We're able to let them indulge in those experiences as much as possible. Grandma has all the pictures so hopefully one of these days I'll get some posted and printed. The mountains are just majestic and awe inspiring!!!
I have no new downloaded pictures, my camera is just trouble. Kind of like Bobby's truck. Ridiculous Seriously! It's turned into a F.O.R.D. Fix Or Repair Daily! I love Fords but what in the world; nuts and bolts were falling out of his truck as he pulled up to meet us ~ He said people were looking at him funny. His drive train belt broke! So a day later and a trip home and back he found himself under his hood instead of snowboarding with the kids on their first days. sad for him.
Alright Need to finish picking up so I can sleep and wake up to a more manageable home!
Love you ALL!
By the way Christmas was magical! Happy birthday Jesus, the kids got lots of great stuff and were very very appreciative and grateful for everything. I'll have to go back and fill in all the missing weeks when I get my pictures figured out. Dylan and Kaya got snowboards. Ella got a doll house and Bowen got GI Joes, Geo Trax plane that has a little remote control. plus the girls beloved American Girl Doll (their first) from Grandma and a battleship for Dylan.

2 comments:

Stratton Family said...

hahaha I can't believe he's so young and already talking about how big his manhood is lol that's too funny that is DEFINITELY one for the books!

Mandi A. said...

so glad i have girls! although Ellie says to Brooklynn the other day "girls have boobs and boys have nibbles".

so glad they like the snow sports! Im afraid mine will love it too...not much room for snow in Vegas! Its not a cheap sport for a family so far away from the mountains!