Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Tree Cutting Adventure. Wednesday, December 2nd


"I just saw the perfect christmas tree, There it is, there it is , STOP!" ~ Dylan


After buying a 5$ permit from the Dept. of Forestry to cut down a christmas tree; we were handed the official map of the designated cutting areas. Off we went, cruisin' down Chidago Canyon Road then a right turn at Benton Crossing and at the corner of 120 we followed a little dirt road up into the mountains.

That tree line you see is a view of the ranch from across the street and up the hill.

Bobby followed me in his truck because we no longer fit in one car...crazy! Those are the White Mountains in the background.

In the middle of nowhere, down many windy narrow dirt trails we discovered a cemetery. Nice place to be buried if you ask me.

We walked all around making sure that Dylan's tree was our 'perfect tree'.

I laid William Ryder in the dirt so I could pick up the cutest pine cones and here's Kaya rescuing him from the dog. Only after you've had 5 kids would you lay your child on the dirt in the wild. HA He was very happy and very asleep.

Bobby laboring to cut the sappy tree with our little saw.

Dylan tries and can't budge the saw
.
Each year, each child has a mini tree in their room that they can re-plant after christmas and here's Kaya's tree (Branch) to put in here room. We never could get it stabilized good enough for it to work though.

Looks like the kid in Christmas story walking down the street with his arms sticking straight out.
Dragging the tree to the truck......20 yards away. Breathing hard by the time he got it there, it was so heavy.

2 comments:

Stratton Family said...

how cute... are you serious about being buried there? if you were buried there no one would come visit your grave... I hope people come visit me (although I want to be cremated) so I hope they visit me wherever they toss my ashes.
* take a note, if I die before you come visit me.

I feel like I'm going to die right now my throat hurts so bad I would rather run a full marathon right now starting at nearly 6pm than still have this sore throat.

Tanya said...

I love your cheese grater coment; Bowen is sick and can't barely breathe right now. No one else yet, it would be terrible to be a newborn adn feel like that...wait it would be just as bad to be the mom because all they would do is cry.
NO I dont want to be buried but if that were your special little families cemetery that would be better than being buried in the middle of a smoggy city. i think so anyway. we better find out where mom wants sprinkled. :-) I'm getting cremated too...remember that if i die first ok? ok.