Saturday, October 3, 2009

Great, Grand, Glorious, Gracious, Good, Giving Grandmas -sometimes grumpy, guilty and groaning


Our trip to grandma's was littered with wounds, crying and bleeding. You know when there's that many boo boo's there must have been a lot of fun too! Here are a few!

Ella's toe got ran over by a bicycle. (It looks way worse now that she keeps re-injuring it) BUT....Bowen and Ella both rode bikes successfully for their first time ever and I've never seen a happier, prouder set of twins.

Grandma's mystery wound. I'm sure she was wounded in the heat of a rescue.

Bruised and skinned knees.

Bike crash ~ Y shaped wound ~ bled and bled, actually quite deep. Bowen also dove head first into the big bathtub and has a nice bruise on his forehead.

While exploring the wild behind the pond Grandma whipped Kaya in the eye with a branch. Swollen and soar.

Ahhh. Sweet recovery.

You know your Grandma is cool when she lets you have a bubble bath like this!

"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 5:10

2 comments:

Stratton Family said...

haha I was semi confused wondering when Ella got a tattoo when I saw a picture of what I think is Sharon's toe and you explained that ella got hurt. haha what happened to Sharon's toe? WOW talk about a lot of injuries! Was Dylan the only un injurred soul?

We miss you guys and can't wait to see you... we should do something special pre-baby like Sea World because I haven't been there in ages, I think you said you werw planning on Lego Land maybe we can do both you have season passes to Lego Land right?

Stratton Family said...

oh and I got my pregger kit today that was so sweet... how come I never think of sweet things like that to do for you?