I noticed this post never got recorded --although it has been a long time - months anyway - it's a good reminder to really and truly cherish all the moments every day.
My years of prayers for protection over my kids are answered every day~ I'm sure ~ but there are moments when it becomes blatently obvious! The sovereign Lord has his own plans for my children....I mean his kids! :-) Our days are numbered and I'm just thankful today that my arms are aching with the weight of my baby who would rather be held than sitting anywhere. So I guess, for the record, I should record what happened. I'll try to keep it short.er.
She was sitting on the floor- right at my feet - (2:30pm) while I sorted Barton letters to do school with Kaya. All of a sudden she starts gagging, gasping, gurggling...I don't even really have a proper word to use for it but I knew something didn't sound right. So I swoop her up, leaning her forward and pat her back. She just keeps struggling to get air so I rush her to the bathroom and by then she was really not breathing. Her eyes were wild and her face started to swell up while she turned a dark red purple shade. She was terrified and just couldn't get air. I slammed her on her back several times and she gurgled some air followed by lots of bubbly slimy blooby spit. She started breathing - crying - but it sound like she was only breathing half way. So I ran into the house~ the t.v. room where Bobby slept on the cough after throwing up with the flu all day! I just said 'something's wrong I think she's choking.' He grabbed her while I called 911 - as I'm on the phone he's walking down the road with her in his arms yelling at me to hurry up - but I felt like i needed to call before I got in the car---remember we have no cell service out here. He holds Tehya in the passenger seat while I drive. We meet the ambulance half way to town and they transfer both of us. By this point she's falling asleep but is breathing and doesn't look like much more than a sick tired baby. But the EMT guy couldn't keep her awake although her oxygen levels taken from her little finger showed she was fine. In the hospital; I arrived in a room full of people - nurses, respiratory specialist, Dr's and they relaxed when they saw she looked fine..while I was feeling slightly moronic. So they looked down her throat throughly and x-rayed her chest area. They saw nothing. She kept gagging and gagging and spitting up slimy spit. Three hours later they sent us home and said; we can't guarantee there's nothing in her throat but we don't have a scope with a camera to check so we'd have to fly you to Reno for that and they wouldn't check if she looks as good as she does now. Ok. so home I went. I slept on the bathroom floor with her - as she kept gagging and spitting up impressive volumes of slimy spit. All night every 20 or so minutes she would wake up crying and coughing. She had a terrible cold for 2 weeks before this all happened and Bobby had the flu all that day. By 5 am I was convinced I was crazy and she just had the flu and couldn't throw up cause she was so little. She was struggling with a cold despite the bloody spit after I 'thought' she choked. By 6am I was in tears praying desperately "Lord, if there is something in there just please please get it out." I hadn't prayed that specifically yet and sure enough not 15 minutes later I go to give her a little Hyland's cold medicine and there in her mouth was this serrated sequen filling up the entire area of her inside cheek. What the ????? I could not believe it!!! How in the world was that huge thing in her all night...where in the world was it? stuck in her trachea - esophigus? I always feel very grateful for all the blessings in my life...Life's Good....but this year has held an unspeakable understanding that we are all so so blessed to have these moments to cherish! Many times in my day I think - I wish I could freeze this moment and remember it vividly forever!
This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it!


1 comment:
Praise the Lord she was O.K.! I was praying for all of you!!!
Post a Comment