The smell of pine washed over us and the roar of the creek dulled our voices. Noel and I served lunch in plastic baggies and enjoyed the inspiring views all around. Lacking a picnic table the soft ground and the smooth rocks were a good substitute. Everyone was happy, soaking in the environment. Why don't I do this more often? I will!
I hired a governess...doesn't that just sound romantic....I just can't call her a nanny it seems so inappropriate. She is Miss Noel Gabriel of DawnsEarly Manor. ;-) She is going to help me a couple days a week primarily for homeschooling help so I can really focus on the kids if Ryder needs attention. She will help teach preschool, Art and our Keepers of the Faith club. You'll have to check out the school page for more info.
So back to our expedition....I happened to call my friend Cassie and by the grace of God she actually found us. I am thrilled to share this woodsy day with my new friend. Can I just say that for a self-proclaimed not-outdoorsy type she did an Amazing job trekking through the bushes on our hike through the wild without a trail.
The kids led the way being distracted by God's gorgeous creation as usual ~ this was a beautiful thing. I ran across this verse in Psalms tonight...this is from the kids new "discoverer's bible NIvR" Psalm 131 "I have made myself calm and content like a young child in it's mother's arms. Deep down inside me, I am as content as a young child." What a beautiful description of a feeling......all is well in the world. The kids paused to sift through the dirt, search pine cones for the seeds, climb trees, just enjoy being with each other.
It truly was a nice day and I'm still trying to figure out why I was tired driving home. How can you be tired from relaxing? Did I mention I got some Much Needed adult conversation while Noel played guardian angel over the kids. What a treat. I loved it and hope it happens more often!
Noel
Cassie (her son Nicholas on her back)
The kids colored pictures and did some rubbings.




1 comment:
Looks like a blast! Cassie is the one that had the 2.5 year old also right? Dylan? It was great having her around at VBS she seems like she could be a great friend for you up there!
Post a Comment