Saturday, June 12, 2010

Egypt File Camp photos.

6 weeks and 2000 pictures later and I am posting again.  
Believe it or not ~ there's a time in life when one is too busy for the computer.  Well, the extra stuff on the computer that is!  
It is 1:15 am, Friday night.  I'm exhausted so if this makes little sense forgive me.
Here are some pictures of progress from camp.
This is the backdrop-stage for the daily drama!  Yes it will be painted with more decorations on the back wall.

Opposite of the stage is the TV where the music and motions
will be shown on a dvd!   
The picture on the right is the area by the 
kitchen that will organize our plates, etc....the blue are water bottles for everyone.  
At first I thought the kids would get it on monday and use it all week but I think it might be easier to give them paper cups and let the water bottle be a reward at the end of the week....or OH MY GOSH I JUST SAW A MOUSE IN MY HOUSE>>>NEVER>>>>since I've lived here have I seen a mouse maybe they only come out at 2am.

'Living room' -(below) the room with all the windows will be the classroom "dig site".  Complete with a covered cork board, books about our bodies and story books that reinforce how God made each one of us special.  
Each rotation (there are 3 throughout the day) a different age group will be in this room.  With the exception for The "juniors" 10-12 will be in the assembly (stage) room for their lesson.  "Exploration Stations" will also be in the classroom.  The Coloring Cave, a touch table/water table, doctor's office, craft table --for ages 2 and 3-4.
That sheet will be lifted up and be the roof to the coloring cave.  

Teachers - no worries, your organized with a crate for the supplies you need for your lessons and another bin with files organized by day for your memory verse coloring sheets, take home worksheets and all the other stuff!

Helpers will get a bag filled with everything they'll need for the week!
And of course a Tshirt!


This is the wall looking out from the kitchen, classroom is there on the right...bright windows.
Just to the left is a bedroom that will house the craft room.
and to the far left will be snacks and meals.
Looks like a cluttered mess in this picture, but it's all nice now.

Hope your excited.  Pray that kids will come.  Pray that the message is projected loud and clear and that their hearts are open and ready to respond.  Pray however God leads you to pray!

3 comments:

Stratton Family said...

WOW! It looks a lot better than I thought it would haha I guess I wasn't expecting much (sorry) the pillars are awesome looking.

I can't believe how much work you are getting done hopefully you have help...if you lived closer I'd be helping A LOT more. (you of all people know the drive because you've experienced the worst of it)

I am going to try to get up there early to help our but I don't know that I will be there early enough to be of much help. Maybe 2-3 days is that early enough to help out a little?

Mandi A. said...

Wow! It all looks amazing!!!

Im kinda getting stressed ot about the heat...please say we have an air conditioned place to sleep!

My Geeky Mom World said...

I saw the pictures on Facebook and it looks like you did an awesome job Tanya!