PRO SWING BASEBALL CAMP SUMMER 2009
The kids loved their coaches - ex pro players who truly have a passion for the sport but are amazingly great teachers too!

At 2:30 the afternoon game started and the kids liked all of it. The first day Kaya sat on the ground for a minute until the coach in a very lively manner encouraged her to get up - come help me - she stood by the pitcher waiting for the hits. He just fell in love with her and kept saying how precious she was!

Did I mention Kaya was the ONLY GIRL out of 95 kids! She may have been the most mini one there but all the coaches (and some parents mentioned too) that they were impressed by her - well let's just say that she wouldn't have even noticed she was the only girl unless someone told her - it's all in fun for Kaya but she never cried and always did her best! I was so proud! This is her learning how to dive for a ground ball.


They started out each day stretching in lines just like the pros do.

Here's Dylan running for the ball in one afternoon game! He was SO focused and assertive; He worked as hard as he could!

"Good game, good game" There's my tiny warrior congratulating the losers. The winning team recruited her when they had to choose two players to switch sides. All the boys came up - gave her high five and said welcome to the team. Ahhh... how she must have felt.

This was a band station for strengthening muscles to prevent injury. Dylan is such a cute kid- such a little man and what a great explainer (teacher).

Here is the D man getting ready to sprint to practice sliding. They had an AWESOME mat to learn how to slide on! If I wasn't pregnant I SO would have asked if I could try; it looked so much fun. I suggest they do that camp for us old folks who just want to have a little fun.
Easy as pie - one leg straight out the other tucked under your knee, run as fast as you can and dont slow down (that's the imp part) and just drop your butt-dont jump-and voila you can slide. Dylan just reminded me--arms up too! He can really slide, the coach clapped and said Great Job Dylan!
I took pics of them hitting the mat but for some reason ..I can't find any. Kaya kept landing on both knees, ouch, couldn't get her leg to stick out there at all. But she did do a fabulous super girl dive. Seriously!

Ground ball station. Best camp ever - Worth the $ - Worth the drive!! The kids keep saying how much they loved it. Dylan throwing the ball as hard as he could.
2 comments:
it looks like they are having SO MUCH fun! Dylan is like a little man now :o)
Way to go Kaya! Thats awesome that she just jumped in with all the boys.
that is soo cute I LOVE the pictures. you would think I was pregnant because it makes me teary eyes I have no idea why lol its just cute and they're my nieces/nephews lol
Post a Comment