Saturday, July 25, 2009

Grow where your planted!

I have a basket that says "grow where your planted" ~ I like that! I find myself on a Saturday night pondering the many moments life throws at you. What will you do with all of them? How will you choose to spend those minutes that turn into hours so quickly.? Each moment is an opportunity either cultivate the hearts of our kids or not, teachable moments occur so often..I try to remember to guide them to figuring out the answers to their problems instead of simply giving them my solution. And although many times I fail at taking those opportunities (or even recognizing them) I know they are loved and they Will grow where they're planted!

I think it's too early to nest but I've been an organizing frenzy - trying to finish decorating stuff - the last couple days since we've been home for the south land. Although we've done school a bit this last month; the true season starts soon and I am still trying to figure out the best system of organization for our classroom. It's coming along anyway. These are moments I wish I had some help.

My camera is broken..won't turn on. So that would explain the no posting of pictures in a while. Sorry.

Going to church tomorrow for the first time in Bishop! Ya...Finally! Going to try Calvary Baptist Church...it has Awana and some great sounding kid programs.

My sweet husband is at the Norco rodeo tonight. We were tagging cow ears yesterday and he got stung-bitten by 3 wasps all on his forehead...nice. Then the bucking bull who's here at the ranch ~ pretty boy ~ charged him when he was sorting him out and he literally had less than a second before he flew head first over the fence before the bull smacked into it. yes, his neck is sore! He feels good he's been hanging out with the ladies in the pasture, lounging in the sprinklers and munching on fresh grass. We feel bad for the guys riding him tonight. Can't wait to hear the stories though! ( I should clarify...the bull's been hanging out with the ladies in pasture not bobby Ha)

1 comment:

Mandi A. said...

i wish someone had said that to me each time I had a kid...I would get SO homesick and feel sorry for myself that I was stuck in Vegas with no family.

its never too early to nest!